PROJECT MONITORING & EVALUATION (M&E) FOR RELIGIOUS
Monitoring and Evaluation is important to assess that your project is achieving set targets. M&E are relevant to donors who need to assess whether your organisation is a reliable partner. By reviewing milestones and final outcomes of your projects, donors will decide on the accountability of your organisation, upon which further collaborations could be established. M&E has become kind of a coined term to describe the process by which organizations generate evidence about their results. Monitoring and evaluation activities cannot be separated from project planning. M&E is more than simply “monitoring” and “evaluation.” It is about project planning, defining results frameworks and indicators, choosing the best data collection methods and approaches, collecting, analyzing, and most important, making sure results are used.
TOPICS OF THE TRAINING
- Introduction / Key terms and concepts
- Purpose of MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation, learning) Understanding effective MEL
- MEL & Planning: Theory of change & Logframe Developing objectives / outcomes
- Developing indicators
- Data collection methods and tools
- Designing a Baseline (sampling and methodology) Triangulation & Data Analysis
- Monitoring and Reporting Complex Change Managing effective Evaluations
- Using results for Learning
ABOUT THE TRAINERS
SOFIA collaborate with INTRAC (UNITED KINGDOM) to offering training in M&E. INTRAC is an International NGO Training and Research Centre. it is a specialist organisation with the aim of strengthening civil society. INTRAC works mainly with organisations, networks and other bodies who are involved in international relief and development.